Vehicle Systems & Control Laboratory
The Vehicle Systems & Control Laboratory is a part of the Texas A&M University Department of Aerospace Engineering.
An introduction to the VSCL and our capabilities.... read more
The VSCL has been awarded a Phase II contract from the Raytheon Company, Intelligence and Information Systems Division to develop and flight test a Reinforcement Learning based approach for autonomous tracking of ground targets... read more
The first flight of our in-house designed and built Pegasus UAS was completed 24 March 2012. Congratulations to the team for a successful flight.
UAS Video Tracking Challenge
This is an open invitation to participate in an unclassified challenge on Motion Video Tracking and Control that will address current and future technologies for Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) missions. The UAS Challenge was initiated at a workshop held at Texas A&M University on October 25-26 2011. The UAS Challenge will broadly be consistent with the ISR mission. The test will consist of three phases which are listed in the challenge notes.
VSCL Researchers Receive Recognition
Many of our researchers have received scholarships, summer internships, summer fellowships, and places on boards of AIAA committee's.
- Josh Harris has won a 2012 NASA Aeronautics Undergraduate Scholarship. This is a major award which provides tuition funds up to $15,000 for educational and related costs, and an optional 10 (Ten) week summer internship, with $10,000 stipend amount. Only 20 students were awarded out of more than 200 applicants.
- Ryan Weisman has been selected to be a member of the AIAA Atmospheric Flight Mechanics Technical Committee.
- Anshu Narang has been selected to be a member of the AIAA Guidance, Navigation, and Control Technical Committee.
- Elizabeth Rollins has been awarded a Summer Graduate Research Fellowship by the USAF. She will be working at the Air Force Research Laboratory at WPAFB this summer.
- Tim Woodbury has been awarded a summer fellowship to work at the MIT Lincoln Laboratory this summer.
- Grant Atkinson has been awarded a summer internship with Boeing.