Raytheon Company, Intelligence and Information Systems
1 December 2011 – 31 December 2012
Total award $200,000
Advanced development and testing phase of algorithms developed during the Phase I & II efforts (described below).
- HARDWARE INTEGRATION: Sensor and experimental controller integration, flight controller off-board control modifications, validate integrated sensor and flight computer with Pegasus UAS via hardware-in-loop simulation. Validate experimental controller in flight test.
- ALGORITHM DEVELOPMENT: Perform additional learning for more complicated target paths, flight test reinforcement learning controller.
- GROUND STATION: Write extensions to ground station to transmit experimental controller commands back to vehicle. Ground test to ensure proper operation including failure scenarios in sensor, telemetry links, ground station PC, etc.
- FLIGHT VEHICLES: Build three additional Pegasus UAS vehicles.
Working with me on this program are Graduate Research Assistants:
- Kenton Kirkpatrick, Ph.D. student
- Jim May, M.S. student
- Drew Beckett, M.S. student
- Grant Atkinson, M.S. student
- Jim Henrickson, M.S. student
- Tim Woodbury, M.S. student
- Nick Oliviero, B.S. student
- Josh Harris, B.S. student